Lisa Gade reviews the BLU Vivo 8, the maker’s highest end unlocked GSM 4G LTE Android smartphone yet. It has a classy metal back, and Gorilla Glass 3 on the front protecting a bright and colorful 1920 x 1080 full HD display (401 PPI). The handset runs Android 7.1.1 on the MediaTek Helio P10 2 GHz oct-core CPU with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage plus a microSD card slot. The Vivo 8 has a front fingerprint scanner, a 4010 mAh battery with fast charging, a front 16MP camera and rear 13MP f/2.0 camera with a Sony IMX 258 sensor and 1080p video recording. It’s compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket and MetroPCS but not Verizon or Sprint. It competes with the Moto G5 Plus.
More in MobileTechReview
- Human remains discovery rattles ‘peaceful’ B.C. Interior community
- Ownership of Franklin Expedition shipwrecks given to Canada and northern Inuit by U.K.
- Gold Star widow describes Trump’s phone call | ‘He likes to do his research’
- Canada’s ambassador to Myanmar gives shocking first-hand account of Rohingya refugee crisis
- Trudeau appoints Bob Rae as special envoy to Myanmar