Lisa Gade reviews Apple’s latest smartwatch for fall 2017, the Series 3. It’s available in aluminum for $329 without LTE and $399 with LTE. As usual, it’s also available in stainless steel, ceramic and the Nike version is coming next month. The watch runs OS 4 and it requires a companion iPhone (yes, even the LTE model needs an iPhone for setup and app management). It features a significantly faster CPU than previous generations, a more accurate heart rate monitor, new health metrics, the usual 50 meter waterproofing for fresh and salt water swims, a speaker, mic, Siri and interchangeable bands. It comes in 38mm and 42mm sizes.
More in MobileTechReview
- Human remains discovery rattles ‘peaceful’ B.C. Interior community
- Ownership of Franklin Expedition shipwrecks given to Canada and northern Inuit by U.K.
- Gold Star widow describes Trump’s phone call | ‘He likes to do his research’
- Canada’s ambassador to Myanmar gives shocking first-hand account of Rohingya refugee crisis
- Trudeau appoints Bob Rae as special envoy to Myanmar