Lisa Gade covers the new Intel 8th generation CPUs that are soon shipping for Ultrabooks. These are called Kaby Lake-R and double the number of CPU cores from previous Core i5 and i7 15 watt CPUs (UHD 620 graphics are basically unchanged from 7th gen). Intel claims they’re 40% faster— is that true? Is it time to upgrade your laptop? Lisa benchmarks them to find out.
More in MobileTechReview
- Human remains discovery rattles ‘peaceful’ B.C. Interior community
- Ownership of Franklin Expedition shipwrecks given to Canada and northern Inuit by U.K.
- Gold Star widow describes Trump’s phone call | ‘He likes to do his research’
- Canada’s ambassador to Myanmar gives shocking first-hand account of Rohingya refugee crisis
- Trudeau appoints Bob Rae as special envoy to Myanmar